SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Turkey||Pattern:||Vintage Rainbow|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Furniture of America Jessa Slatted shoes Cabinet in Cappuccino
- Mbrain DC 12V Portable Air Compressor - Digital Tire Inflator Tire Pump for Car,
- Royal Hotel King California-King Size Down-Alternative Comforter - Duvet Insert,
- Wholesale lot 200 pouch bag sleeve holder with drawstring - Storage of Valuables
- African Mudcloth Mint Tribal Decor Upholstery Pillow Sham by Roostery
- Einhell GECM36LI GE-CM 36Li Power X-Change Cordless Lawnmower 36cm 36V 2 x 18V 3
- Indian Vintage Quilt Sari Quilt Hippie Cotton Quilt Reversible Cotton Quilt
- OEM AR 2600 psi POWER PRESSURE WASHER WATER PUMP Campbell Hausfeld PW185015LE
- Tell Lever for Exit Device Satin Chrome Steel Left Handed, Right Handed
- WESTEK Mrgol16wn1 Light Undr-Cab 16in
- EKO Sensible Eco Living 80L Hands-Free Motion Sensor Large Waste Bin Trash
- Rev-A-Shelf Double Soft Close Pull Out 35 qt. Trash Can
- 3D Starfish Beach 40 Bed Pillowcases Quilt Duvet Cover Set Single King Size UK
- BRADY 113130 Tape,blueeeee,100 ft. L,1 2 In. W
- Ralph Lauren Twin Ruffle Flat Sheet GARDEN RAMBLER Light bluee Floral pinks
- 80 x 80cm almohada 15% Abajo 85% PLUMA cojín cojines plumón 1000g hasta 3000G
- BRONTE NEW RANGE PURE MERINO LAMBSWOOL THROW BLANKET RUG - AQUA PATCHWORK
- Martha Stewart Collection Valentine's Day Romantic Large Heart Hurricane
- U-Shaped Maternity Pillows Pregnancy Full Body With Zipper Removable Cover, Pain
- 42-PC Pro Home Repair Precision Screwdriver Set Heavy Duty Magnetic Tips w Case
- Brand New Milwaukee 2626-20 M18 18V Li-Ion Cordless Multi-Tool (Tool Only)
- ESCO [+ -HexTorx] driver set (with ratchet handle) EA550AY-1
- JVC S-40 WE Speakers 8Ohms 60 watt
- Mission Model 77 Speakers Hi Fi Vintage Audiophile 1980s Rare Matched Pair
- Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus Wireless Soundbar and Subwoofer READ Tiza1
- Stanley A F COMBINATION SPANNER Slim Pattern USA Brand- 1 2 , 9 16 Or 5 8
- Wiha-33496 Soft Grip Dual Drive Ball End Metric Hex T-Handle 8 Pc. Set
- 3D Garten greene Blätter 8905 Tapete Wandgemälde Tapeten Bild Familie DE Lemon
- Beelink GT1 MINI TV Box Voice Remote 4G+32G Dual WiFi Android 8.1 Media Player
- 500ft - Cable Railing T316 Stainless Steel Wire Rope Cable Strand, 1 8 , 7x7
- 3D Purple Sunset Tree 2 Framed Poster Home Decor Print Painting Art AJ WALLPAPER
- 3D High Rise Stair Risers Decoration Photo Mural Vinyl Decal Wallpaper CA
- Bustling City Land 3D Quilt Duvet Doona Cover Set Single Double Queen King Print
- 35th Birthday Duvet Cover Set Twin Queen King Sizes with Pillow Shams
- Elite Pure Organic 100% Cotton Twin Duvet Cover Pillow Sham Set White
- Pottery Barn Kids Leela Butterfly Floral 2-PC Twin Duvet Cover Set, Embroidered
- Sant'Agostino Marmocrea Beige Impero 60x150 cm CSABEIMP15 effetto Pavimento ...
- Multifunctional Mobile Phone Wooden Storage Box Smartphone Repair Tool Organizer
- 3pcs Triangle Desk Book Holder Modern Minimalist Bookshelf for Home Office
- Comforter 3-piece Otter River Lined Plush Microsuede - Queen - Beige
- Huepar Self-Leveling Green Laser Level 360 Cross Line with 2 Plumb Dots Laser of
- NEW KING CALIFORNIA KING SMARTSILK COMFORTER WHITE LUXURY SILK FILLED BEDDING
- SPEEDAIRE 5VLA2 2 Bore Double Acting Air Cylinder 5 Stroke
- 15 Litre Oil and Fuel Spill Kit in Hard Carry Case - Petrol, Diesel, Oil
- Bloomsbury Market Fogle 8 Piece Reversible Comforter Set